When we receive inquiries about our services, some people are surprised at the cost involved in caring for one’s pets. They often claim that a neighbor or family member can do the same care for free or that they can find someone cheaper. That may be true but what many people don’t realize is that our costs include insurance – for you and whatever your pet may do. It is unfortunate that we live in a litigious society but we are now held accountable for what our pets do.
Consider the situations listed below. Your neighbor, family member and the cheaper alternative may not be covered.
- Your dog is being walked in the park. A 3-year-old child comes up to the dog and attempts to hug it around the neck and subsequently gets bitten.
- Your two exuberant labs are being walked. Both dogs jump on a woman who was passing by and knock her down.
- Your cats are being visited and the water faucet was left on by accident in a your second-floor apartment home. This caused damage to apartments below.
- Your family member left your house keys and pet care instructions in her car. The car was broken into and the keys and paperwork were stolen. Your house needs to be rekeyed.
While family and friends have the best intentions, accidents do happen and pets can be unpredictable. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard, “My dog had never done that before!” Our insurance would have covered you and your pet in all of the examples noted above.
Dog Walks and More has the following coverage:
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Products/Complete Operations
- $1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Injury
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
- $100,000 Fire Legal Liability
- $5,000 Medical Payments
- $100 Deductible Per Claim
- Coverage for damage to property in your care, custody, and control, including the pet.
- Coverage for lost keys. Pays up to $2500 to re-key customer’s locks.